Monday, June 23, 2008

Chase is here!




Just one day old!


He is so tiny!


First family picture


Well, he is a summer baby, but I didn't make it to my induction by one day. Late Saturday night I started having contractions but they were very irregular. At first I didn't believe they were really contractions (not sure why, considering I was 6 days overdue.) Soon I realized they were contractions but they were still irregular so I wasn't sure we should go to the hospital. I did NOT want to get sent home.

At about 9:30 a.m. Sunday my mom came into my room (she came into town on Friday) and asked about my contractions. She and Ross together finally convinced me that we should go to the hospital and that they likely wouldn't send me home. I got into the hospital at about 11:15 a.m. and although my contractions were 3 minutes apart by then, I was still expecting them to say I was at 2 or 3 cm. But I was already 6 cm! I couldn't believe it. I got my epidural in a hurry (which was magic) and by 12:45 p.m. I was 10 cm.

A little less than two hours later, Chase was born! He weighed only 7 lbs. 4 oz. (which is tiny for my family) and was 20.5 in. long. He has dark hair, mostly in the back (an old man haircut) and we joke that he already has Ross' eyebrows and sideburns!

To everyone who has already sent congratulations, THANK YOU! We will be getting in touch with you over the next week (as soon as I start feeling a little better) and we will keep pictures posted on the blog.

Oh, one last thing... here's a link to his hospital photo:
http://www.utahportraits.com/hospital/index.php?action=view&BabyID=062208cnw

4 comments:

Jalaine Lassek said...

Chase is SO adorable!!! He is so tiny :) Congrats again! If you guys need anything let us know. He seriously is so precious!

Anonymous said...

He is so! cute. They are wonderful. Enjoy every moment because soon he will be a 20 pounder like Porter! He started out that small. He's adorable!! Congrats Mommy!

Kim said...

He is so cute. I was sad when spencer told me and I was in California and couldn't come see you in the hospital. I hope it was a god experience for you both. Can't wait to see him.

The Porters said...

He is so stinkin cute! It was fun to be able to come see you guys in the hospital. I think it was good for Brian to hold him too. It made it more real for him that ours will be here so soon. Congrats again!!