Wednesday, May 20, 2009



I promise, I am not a blog abandon-er. It's been a LONG while though, so I apologize to everyone who has been wondering what happened to us.

The answer is not much. We've just been working so much and stressing about life that we haven't been keeping in touch with people like we should.

Chase is growing so much. He started to crawl at about 8 months, and he has been pulling himself up to stand all the time lately. We recently had to baby-proof the living room to allow more play room and to ensure he does not have many cords to tug. We're just waiting until he lets go of the couch or coffee table and starts running away! He babbles all the time, and says words like (what we think are:) "block," "book," and "dog." He also LOVES to immitate his blow-up rubber duck tub that quacks when you squeak his beak. (Thanks Jen!) But his immitation comes out as, "da da da da da" instead of "quack, quack." It's pretty funny.

I recently quit my job as assistant manager at the Buckle so that I could go back to Chili's. I'm excited to be back. I also found out that I was accepted to the Master's of Public Policy program at the University of Utah for the fall, and I've decided that I'm going to attend. Ross is still going to school at Universal Helicopters, steadily making progress toward his final licenses.

We celebrated our birthdays last week (Ross' 29th and my 30th) by taking a full day off from everything, and although it doesn't seem like a lot, it was to us! It's been a long time since we had the entire day to ourselves. Thanks to everyone for all of the birthday messages. It's nice to know people are thinking of us. We'll try to post again soon!




Chase and mommy, 5/13/09



Riding on daddy's shoulders, 5/13/09




Rooting for the Chargers! 4/3/09





Lovin' the ducky tub! 3/27/09






1 comment:

The Porters said...

and welcome back lol! One of these days when you have a day off we will have to take our little guys swimming...or let them swim and us just hang out! congrats on the university of utah! and as always chase looks adorable. Especially in his cool shades!